Here are a few of the responses from SSMF missionaries that we challenged to express their thankfulness for the various ways their Home Churches have been a blessing to them.
From Josh Lawrence, who lives and serves in Kenya and whose home church is Calvary Chapel of Bangor, Maine.
I can tell you that I am very thankful to my home church and I am in regular contact with them.
Aside from the financial support they have given us from the beginning and the two fund raisers they have had for us which I am grateful for, I am in regular contact with my pastor–I can call him anytime and ask his advice and counsel.
From Sharon Porterfield, who lives in Thailand and serves the Karen people that have been resettled there. Her home church is Calvary Chapel of St. George, UT.
- They are available to talk to us weekly.
- They are sending a team to support the ministry here.
- They Pray for us regularly.
- They Financially support us.
- They give us opportunities to expose the church to the work here in London. through skype calls into the service and Café nights etc.
- They provided a time for us to be home to be refreshed.
- They are a mission minded Church. Missions is part of the DNA of the Church.
- They are willing to learn and improve the way the church facilitates missions.
From Jen Birkey, who lives in Rome, Italy, and serves in the various ministries of Calvary Chapel of Rome. Jen’s home church is Calvary Chapel of Spokane, WA.